If you’re looking to install a new deck, then you don’t want to take on the task yourself. Hiring a deck installer is a must but you will want to find the right one. With that said, here are a few quick tips to find and hire the right deck builder.
1. Find Installed- The first thing you have to do is find installers, which is easy. You can ask your neighbors or people you know. The best way to find deck builders and installers is by using the internet. Simply do a quick Google search, and then you can start researching them further.
2. Experience- Research each installer’s experience, which you can gauge by finding out how many decks they have installed within the last year. A good installer has built many decks within the last 12 months or the last six months. Remember, experience should be based on how many customers they have done work for and not the number of years they have been in business for.
3. Past Work- What kind of work has the installers done in the past because different ones may have different styles of work. By looking at a deck builder’s portfolio, you’ll get an idea of the kind of decks they’ve built and then you can choose the one that has built decks that are similar to what you want built. If a builder doesn’t have their portfolio on their website, then ask them to see their past work.
4. Get Estimates- Finally, request estimates. Determine what is included in the estimate. You’ll be able to figure out what you get for your money once you get an estimate.
On that note, the cheapest deck builder isn’t necessarily the worse, nor is the most expensive is the best. Don’t base your decision solely on how much an installer charges because there are other important factors. Only hire a professional if you’re confident they will do the best job.
That is how you find and choose a deck installer. The last thing you want to do is hire the first one you come across, without doing additional research. You could be stuck with a deck that you did not envisioned. Keep the above tips and advice in mind and you’ll be just fine.
5. Time Frame- How long will it take to build your deck? Make sure you find out the answer to this questions. You don’t want to wait a longtime just to have your deck built.